Sunday, August 21, 2005

Growing too fast

I guess it has finally happened, my little girl, is growing up. She has pretty much left our nest. Well, not really, but, it feels like it is happening that fast. We just brought her home, I know we did. It was just yesterday that I took her for her first week check up.
I can remember the first time she went to a babysitter, and how I hated it. It was her Grandma, and she was six months old. She had not been with another soul alone, expect me or her father.
I hated leaving her. Now I have to go through it again. I guess the scene will be repeating itself over and over for years to come.

This week my " Little Miss Attitude" ( by the way that reputation proved itself to be so true in this story)went off to k4 this week. I thought it would be great for her, she will love to go and make friends, learn a lot of great things.

She Proved me wrong. At first, anyway.
We walk not the school, no problem, we go into the classroom, problem!
My daughter immediately turns around and says she is not going in.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I had a child running down a hallway, finally ending in the teachers arms heels digging into the floor, screaming " Get off of me", "Let me go"
and much more.

She finally went inside and I shut the door behind them, while she cried I leaned upon the door waiting until her crying had stopped. It took a few minutes. I hated doing that, I waited until she seemed ok, not to upset. I left. I then tries to call Daddy, friends grandparents to tell them the ordeal.

Then I went to my Favorite place and shopped to my hearts content without a child screaming that they had to pee, or they wanted a toy,candy,etc, etc. It was great!
I went and picked my child up at school, SHE LOVED IT! We have not had any problems since that first day.

To make the week even more exciting, she left me once again. This time voluntarily. She chose to spend the night for the first time, she has never left me. Only one night when my mother had surgery and I still had put her to bed, and came back the next morning. She was an infant. Otherwise, we have not left our child with anyone over night. EVER!

I was ready for this transition, but, not to have it the same time, as going to preschool. I am happy that we can now plan a nice anniversary trip, but on the other hand, I am sad that my little girl doesn't;t need ma all of the time anymore. I guess I need her.

I did I drive by that night on the golf cart around 11:30pm. Just making sure there wasn't any crying or anything. All of the lights were out. Apparently, it was me who had the problem all along. I just drove on home, and went to bed, and I happily greeted her in the morning. I feel as though I have hardly seen my little girl for a few days. I know she is only four years old. But, it was only yesterday that she was four days old. So I have I right to be a little sad. But, hey I am excited, I am dropping her off to school tomorrow, going to breakfast, and coming to my house to do whatever I want for 3 hours.

I guess it isn't that bad after all. hmm. I can actually watch TV tomorrow, oh, no.... I can read a book, without locking the bathroom door! Ok. Everything is ok now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home