Thursday, August 04, 2005

AAH... Peace and Quiet

Well, I did something today that I haven't done in about four years. I took a nap. Not just any nap, but a swinging in the hammock, no husband,no kid, no dog kind of nap! YOO HOO!

I decided not to go out on the lake today with CudaDad and Little Miss Attitude, Just did'nt feel like going. They took our other child, the 85lb Weimaraner, Eleanor and played ball on an island with our neighbor's even bigger Mastiff.

I thought for a moment, about getting online, maybe doing some laundry. Then I realized that for the first time I had been alone in my house, yea I did have 2 cats, but they are on my side. I mean they can't leave the house and they were doing what I wanted to do. NAP!

Yes, it was evening, and I am now up at 1:22am because of it, but, I decided to take a wonderful most delicious nap!
I got a Pepsi, and went outside, I did not think about anything but, the speed I was swaying.

For once, I didn't have child playing outside while I lay there, or a dog trying to get in the hammock with me, or my husband wondering what I was doing out there.
It was just me and the wind. I dozed off for about an hour. I don't even remember dreaming, I guess because I was living my dream at that moment.

Soon, my wonderful family showed up, wet dog, wet child, wet husband.

I bragged to the them about my wonderful nap, they did not really understand the victory in it. I was able to con Cudadad into giving Attitude a bath, and I stayed downstairs catching up on Big Brother, and everyhitng thing else on Tivo. I really feel blessed at this moment.

It is bad when just getting a nap and some alone time can make a woman so giddy. I guess if I just had a piece of chocolate right now I could have be the happiest woman in the world. No, I am anyway.

But, hey it doesn't hurt to go look for an m&m or two does it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home