Monday, July 11, 2005

The Lost and Found Dept.

It was Christmas 1991, I was beautiful then,I didn't think so at the time, but I look back and I would love to look like that again.

It was early morning and I was staying with CudaDad and his parents in their lake home for Christmas. I had imagined all weekend how my christmas present was going to be given to be down by the water, on one knee. He would propose marriage to me this weekend, I kust knew it.

It never did happen and we were there Christmas morning, so it would have to happen then, he gave me a small square package wrapped so nice and pretty,( You could tell it was jewelry, This was it, He waa proposing Christmas morning, in front of his parents)

I tore off the paper, so nervous and excited, I opened the velvet box, and inside was something beautiful, but at that moment , I was so disappointed. I tried not to show the disappointment on my face. He was so happy for me that I didn't want to seem ungrateful.

Inside was a pair of Diamond earrings, not too small, but not too big. Just right. So beautiful.

I let him know how beautiful they were and gave plenty of kisses and thank yous. I eventually got over not getting proposed to that day. He never knew what I had expected. the proposal came a year later.

I wore those earrings everyday for the last 14 years, never taking them out of my ears except to clean them, or for some medical reason.

Tonight, as I ate dinner, I reached up to my right ear, and one of my worst nightmares came true. My Diamond was gone.

My husband and I have been sick all night looking for it. Wondering where it is laying. Hoping that I will find it. I know that it can be replaced for a new or even bigger diamond, but, I want that one. The one that at the time, I didn't want, but, held dear to my heart anyway.

I hope to find that little diamond earring, and I guess if I can't find it, I will always have Christmas 1991, and the day I saw my future husband's face when he gave them to me. If it stays lost forever, I can have hope in knowing I can find the love that gave them to me, lying beside me every night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home