Wednesday, July 27, 2005

back from Savannah

Well, I am finally back from my well needed/deserved trip alone. No husband, no children. I did have my mom and my two sisters come with me and we had a great time. We had lots of great food. I got plenty of sleep. Loved that!
We really had a wonderful time. I loved being able to have a vacaton with my wonderful mom and sisters, no dad, husband or brother. i love them, too.

I am so fortunate that I am able to be this close with my family. My Mom,sisters and I live so far apart, but, yet I call and talk to them everyday ,as if they were next door to me.

I know we can still get on each other's nerves but, who cares.
I can remember being about 12 years old and my sisters who by the way are older than me, were picking on me. i always felt like I never fit in, an they used to lie to me and tell me that I was adopted by my parents and that my real mom was my dad's sister. My Aunt Sue, who at the time I thought had the biggest bubble nose on earth( no offense Aunt Sue) She also had a few mental disabilities from childbirth. She is epileptic and her medicine made her mean.

Anyway, I would grow up planning on getting a nose job because i thought my nose looked like her nose. I also would go through my parents papers to see if there really were adoption papers in there. Not that I wanted to be adopted.... You know I love you Mom and dad.

I also remember the times that my sisters dressed up like clowns when I was about fie years old, they sat me on the bed and came out of the closet seeing the Everly Brother's "Cathy's Clown" just for me they did this. I rember these moments as if it were yesterday, just like when my sister and i would fight out in the front yard, and she would always win. She wears like a size zero, but, she can kick butt!

I always felt like I grew up in their shadows. Always being compared to them. Always trying to be different. I now embrace who I am, a little anyway. I no longer compare myself to them.

I always regretted not going to college, they went. I always felt that I wasn't as smart as them. I know now that they don't feel that way about me. My Mom and sisters support me all of the way and truly care about me. I sit here with tears, knowing how true that is. I could call all three right now, and they would be here to help me as soon as they could get here.

I also remember the the time the told me a dog biscuit was a cookie and I ate it. maybe that is whhy I am such an animal lover. Anyway, they laugh at my unusualness. How I am so funny about certain things, and we laugh at each other. I love them, they truly are best friends, my gifts from God.

I wouldn't want it any other way. Now I guess I sould tell you about my brother...Well, thats for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home